The Blackmagic Design HyperDeck Studio is a file-based deck that features the same functionality and control of professional tape decks. It records uncompressed video with 4:2:2 color sampling at 10-bit in Quicktime format, and also records video using either ProRes or DNxHD codecs. With two SSD slots, you can record almost endlessly as one SSD becomes full, recording automatically continues on to the other. The HyperDeck Studio features one 3G-SDI input and three SD/HD/3G-SDI outputs plus a loopthrough output, and one HDMI input and one HDMI output. All outputs, except the loopthrough SDI, are always active, so playback is available on both the SDI and HDMI outputs no matter what input it was recorded from.
The Studio 2 is a 1RU rack mountable unit, with built-in rack mount ears. It features illuminated front panel button control and a jog/shuttle wheel for analog scrubbing. RS-422 control is supported for external control. You can also control the unit using either the USB port or over Ethernet via the RJ45 connector. An integrated LCD on the front panel allows you to monitor the video, and display timecode and transport information.
- 1RU File-Based Video Recorder
- Records Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2
- Records Compressed in ProRes / DNxHD
- Records on Two 2.5" SSDs
- The HyperDeck Studio 2 features one HDMI, two SDI, and one SDI monitor out which are always active, no matter what the original input signal is. The exception is with 480p & 576p signals over HDMI, these signals will only play back over the HDMI output.
- The unit also features a loopthrough SDI output that only passes the signal from the SDI input, and does not output recorded video from the SSDs.
- The unit's SDI connectors are 3G capable, but currently the unit only supports HD video up to 1.5Gb/s (HD-SDI).
Typically ship same or next business day. (Lead time 2weeks upon order)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.