Focal leads the way in affordable nearfield monitors by combining breakthrough designs with technologies they first developed for high-end models such as their successful SM series. This Shape Twin is the standard bearer of the Shape series, which brings top-quality Focal reference monitoring to your studio, editing suite, songwriting workstation, or any other application where your space may be limited but your need for accurate monitoring isn't. Cutting-edge dual flax-sandwich cones, an M-shaped inverted-dome driver, innovative acoustics, and ideal electronics all add up to a speaker that's extremely linear and free from distortion, offering clear midrange intelligibility and imaging. And thanks to its dual-passive-radiator design, you can comfortably place your Shape Twins near walls, while enjoying extended low end that's still tight, controlled, and accurate.
One of the technologies Focal popularized in their previous generation upper-end monitors was the use of passive radiators. Just as they did in the SM series, these passive radiators provide the Shape series reference monitors with an extended low-frequency response that goes far beyond what the seasoned studio engineers at Sweetwater expect from modest-sized nearfields.
By balancing low-frequency harmonics with the dual surrounds highlighted above, these passive radiators accomplish what ports simply can't, providing you with low-frequency tuning that extends bass clarity and allows you to position your monitors closer to walls, without compromising accuracy. This detail makes them an ideal choice for small studios and editing suites.
- Innovative 2.5-way nearfield reference monitor with onboard amplification
- Perfect for small studios, editing suites, music composition workstations, and mixing studios
- Integrated TMD surrounds and dual passive radiators increase low-frequency response and harmonic stability
- Radiators provide flexible low-frequency tuning and depth that hold up even when positioned near walls
- Dual 5" glass-/flax-/glass-fiber speaker cones deliver extreme mid- and low-frequency definition with minimal distortion
- Innovative M-shaped aluminum-magnesium inverted dome tweeter offers amazing neutrality below 6kHz
- Redefined speaker housing offers even horizontal and vertical dispersion with decreased directionality for broad sweet spot
- Extremely stable Neutral Inductance Circuit (N.I.C.) offers an optimized crossover and reduced harmonic distortion/intermodulation between speakers
- Precision amplification includes high- and low-frequency shelving and a 160Hz crossover slope
- Includes dedicated highpass filter to accommodate specific subwoofer arrangements
Typically ships same or next business day
(Please check with sales on stock availability)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.