The Genelec 8040BPM studio monitor is a major upgrade from their 8040A model, adding ISS power management to an already amazing nearfield monitor. Boasting performance comparable to much larger systems, but in a compact package, the bi-amplified Genelec 8040BPM is ideal for use in many situations where a wide frequency response is needed but space is limited.
The 8040BPM features Genelec's MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) enclosure with rounded edges and gently curved front and sides. This allows the 8040BPM to achieve a very smooth frequency response and superb imaging qualities with minimized cabinet edge diffraction.
Like all Genelec 8000 Series monitors, the 8040BPM also features the advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW). The revolutionary DCW has been further enhanced to provide extremely accurate control of the 8040BPM's directivity. Genelec designed this specially shaped, very smooth surface and integrated it with the enclosure. Its area has been maximized to achieve an astoundingly flat on- and off-axis frequency response. As a result, the 8040BPM has an astoundingly wide, flat frequency response both on- and off-axis. This also gives the 8040BPM superb imaging qualities and less listening fatigue.
- Compact, versatile nearfield monitor for project studios, workstations, and surround components
- Special low-distortion 6.5" woofer and 3/4" metal dome tweeter
- Outfitted with Genelec's Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) power management system
- Separate 90-watt bass and treble amplifiers
- 115dB SPL @ 1m (short term RMS; peak per pair with music material)
- Free field frequency response 48Hz to 20kHz (+/- 2dB)
- 13-13/16" H x 9-3/8" W x 8-13/16" D (height with IsoPod: 14-3/8")
Typically ships same or next business day (Special Order, lead time 1-2 weeks depending on local distributor stock availability )
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.