sE Electronics X1 S Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone:
The SE Electronics X1 S is a large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone designed for versatile, full-range vocal and instrument recording in commercial facilities, project studios, home setups, and mobile rigs. The handcrafted gold-sputtered capsule features a pressure-gradient design for directional focus and rejection of off-axis sounds. It utilizes a gold-plated XLR 3-pin jack and requires 48V phantom power.
The metal-bodied X1 S delivers a 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response and a selectable 80 Hz or 160 Hz low-cut filter to reduce rumble and low-frequency buildup. A switchable -10 dB or -20 dB pad minimizes distortion when miking loud sources such as drums and amplified guitars. Even without a pad, the X1 S can handle a maximum SPL of 140 dB. It ships with a mic clip and thread adapter for easy mounting on a mic stand.
- The X1 S utilizes a handcrafted condenser capsule, meticulously constructed and tuned in SE's capsule room by technicians with decades of experience
- Its internal redesign allows for improved sensitivity, dramatically increased SPL handling (up to 160 dB), and a large reduction in self-noise
- The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques
- Selectable at either 80 Hz or 160 Hz, the two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques
- The X1 S's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of electrical interference and noise
- A gold-plated XLR connector ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection
sE Electronics RF-X Reflection Filter:
The RF-X Reflection Filter from sE Electronics prevents unwanted audio ambience from contaminating your vocal tracks in untreated acoustic environments. This acoustic filter uses the same patented technology as the RF-Pro. Its lightweight body and clamp assembly makes the RF-X simple and easy to use.
The RF-X is lighter than its predecessors, but still maintains durability. It features a four-layer acoustic filter design comprising the outer composite panel itself, a wool fabric layer, an air gap layer and an inner acoustic foam layer. The air gap ensures that recordings exhibit almost no sound coloration when the RF-X filter is used.
The RF-X clamp assembly's lightweight design can be used on almost any microphone stand. It allows vertical mounting only, making it ideal for vocal recording.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.