The SSL12 USB audio interface brings Solid State Logic’s multi-decade dominance of the professional studio realm into a whole new arena: the home studio! This 12-in/8-out interface boasts four pro-grade microphone preamps — with a further 8 channels of digital audio available via the ADAT in — and ultra-high fidelity 32-bit/192kHz AD/DA converters to capture everything from solo singer-songwriters to full drum kits with maximum clarity and definition. Next, a host of different I/O options including two Hi-Z inputs, two headphone outputs, and four balanced outputs allow you to tailor and fine-tune your setup for any studio application. Add in the three user-assignable buttons, dedicated per-channel 4K Legacy mode, built-in talkback mic, and all-encompassing software Production Pack, and the SSL12 represents an affordable way to upgrade your studio rig with the legendary sound and studio utility of Solid State Logic!
SSL built their reputation on their celebrated large-format consoles, which have helmed countless hit records and Grammy-winning albums. In particular, the SSL 4000 series console has inspired generations of musicians, producers, and engineers with its undeniable analog mojo. The SSL12 brings that signature 4000 series sound into your project studio with its Legacy 4K feature, which, with the push of a button, imparts the preamps with two essential characteristics of the 4000 series signal chain. The first thing you’ll hear is a musical, high-frequency EQ boost that will push your vocal or instrument forward in the sound field, for a deeper, more dimensional sonic profile. Then, you’ll notice a subtle addition of harmonic distortion that sweetens the sound and adds personality to the signal. For small-format recording interfaces, there isn't anything quite like the Legacy 4K button, available on the SSL12.
- 4 x SSL-designed mic preamps with 62dB of gain deliver iconic SSL tone
- 4 x XLR combo jacks to capture any source and setup — from solo singer-songwriters to full drum kits
- Per-channel Legacy 4K switches impart a touch of SSL’s legendary analog magic to your source with the click of a button
- 2 studio-quality headphone outputs for shared headphone playback
- Ultra-high fidelity 32-bit/192kHz AD/DA converters deliver maximum sonic clarity and definition
- ADAT in allows you to expand your setup with up to eight additional channels of digital audio
- SSL360° offers effortless headphone routing, with a built-in talkback mic that can be routed to Headphone A, B, and Line 3-4 outputs
- 4 x balanced outputs with precision Monitor Level
- 3 x user-assignable front panel switches to customize your setup
- 2 x high-Z inputs for easy direct guitar and bass recording
- Easily control CV input instruments and FX with DC-coupled outputs
- Flexible MIDI I/O
- Includes 3-month subscription to SSL Complete, Auto-Tune Unlimited, and Arcade subscription by Output
- Bundled with Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid Keys, and Komplete Start
- SSL Native software bundle with Vocalstrip 2 and Drumstrip
- 1.5GB of samples from Loopcloud
- AmpliTube SE for easy guitar/bass recording
- Celemony Melodyne Essential offers industry-grade vocal editing
- AAS Session bundle plug-ins provide a wealth of top-quality virtual instruments
Typically ships same or next business day
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.